Parkdale Elementary School - School Review
Parkdale Elementary School was built as an elementary school in 1956. With current enrolment of 139 students, the school is being used to 57% of its capacity.
What changes are being recommended for Parkdale?
- Merge a portion of the Sherwood, Prince Street catchment and St. Jean catchments with the Parkdale catchment.
- Merge a portion of the Parkdale and Sherwood catchments with the Prince Street catchment.
- Merge a portion of the L.M. Montgomery and Parkdale catchments with Sherwood catchment.
- Merge a portion of Parkdale catchment with the West Royalty catchment.
What would the changes mean for Parkdale Elementary?
- Parkdale would welcome new students currently attending Sherwood, Prince Street and St. Jean.
- Some existing students would be re-zoned to Prince Street, Sherwood and West Royalty schools.
- Most of these students would be leaving or coming to Parkdale in order to attend a school closer to where they live, while a small number would be re-zoned in order to ease pressure on overcrowded schools.
- The Parkdale school population would increase from 139 to 228 students and utilization would increase from 57% to 93.4%, making it a more viable school.
Proposed Parkdale School Zone
January 12, 2017