Special Educational Needs
Services for students with special educational needs are provided by the Public Schools Branch and La Commission scolaire de langue française (CSLF).
What kinds of services are provided to students with special needs?
The school boards provide services for a variety of special needs, including:
- Alternative education programming for students with exceptional behavioural difficulties
- Autism services for school-age children
- Community access services
- Counselling services
- English as an additional language/French as an additional language (EAL/FAL) services
- Inclusive education services
- Individual education planning (IEP)
- Psychology services
- Services for blind or visually impaired students
- Services for deaf or hard-of-hearing students
- Speech language services
Who can I contact for more information?
ELSB Stratford Office
234 Shakespeare Drive
Stratford, PE C1B 2V8
Mailing address: PO Box 8600
Charlottetown PE C1A 8V7
ELSB Summerside Office
288 MacEwen Road
Summerside, PE C1N 0J1