Home Energy Assessments
A home energy assessment, also known as an energy audit, can help you save energy and make your home more comfortable. Home energy assessments from one of the companies listed below are required for Home Insulation Rebates.
Islanders can access both the Government of Canada's Greener Homes Grant and efficiencyPEI rebates. To receive the Canada Greener Homes Grant, you must register with the federal government and you are required to have an EnerGuide Evaluation (a home energy assessment) completed before any work starts.
What is an EnerGuide home energy assessment?
The home energy assessment provides useful information about your home’s energy performance that will help you make informed, decisions when operating, renovating or purchasing a home. The information can help you choose the right upgrades that will save the most energy, and be the most effective at lowering your monthly costs.
How much does an energy audit cost?
The home energy assessment is offered at a subsidized rate of $99 plus HST.
The evaluation will be carried out by one of our efficiency partners. Homeowners who wish to participate can simply contact the company to schedule an appointment and the subsidy will be deducted upfront.
An energy audit is required to be eligible for efficiencyPEI Home Insulation Rebates. You energy auditor can also assist with accessing New Home Construction Incentives if you are planning on building a new home.
How do I access the Home Energy Audit Program?
1. Contact one of our efficiency partners to book your home audit. (Booking is done directly through the audit provider. There is no need to contact efficiencyPEI for this step). You will be charged a flat fee of $99 + HST (additional fees for Greener Homes Grant applicants may apply.)
- Homesol Building Solutions at 1-855-489-5305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greenfoot Energy Consultants at 1-800-676-1663 or email@example.com
- Clean Foundation at 1-800-665-5377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trinity Energy Group at 902-396 4333
2. Complete the audit and receive an evaluation report with recommendations for your home.
3. Contact efficiencyPEI to receive rebates on eligible upgrades.
If you need information on this program or any other energy efficiency help, get in touch. Visit us at efficiencyPEI at 69 Belvedere Avenue in Charlottetown or at Access PEI in Summerside. Program information is also available at any Access PEI location.
69 Belvedere Ave., Suite 1-B01
PO Box 2000, Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
This incentive program is cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.