Instant Rebates on Energy Efficiency Products
Instant rebates are offered on certified energy efficient appliances and other select products purchased at participating retailers across PEI. When an Island consumer purchases a new unit that meets the eligibility criteria for efficiency, the cost will be automatically reduced at the cash register.
Instant rebates are applied to efficiencyPEI-approved energy efficient products as follows:
- Smart Thermostats: $100
- Full-size Refrigerators: $75
- Washing Machines: $75
- Toilets: $75
- Dehumidifiers: $30
Each spring and fall, a seasonal campaign offers additional rebates for select products for energy efficient lighting, water and power control, and laundry drying. Products selected for in-store rebate may vary for each seasonal campaign.
The table below shows what energy efficient products are eligible for rebate, where they are available across the province, and which PEI retailers are participating in the current seasonal campaign.
What products qualify for the rebate?
To qualify for the energy efficiency rebate, products must meet the following specifications:
- Smart thermostats - Certified ENERGY STAR with geofencing abilities, minimum $150 retail price;
- Refrigerators –
- Certified ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2020 Refrigerator
- Full size – 7.75 cubic feet (220 litres rated volume) or greater and higher than 36 inches (0.91 meters)
- Annual energy consumption rate of 20kWh/AV* (cubic foot) or less. The Adjusted Volume (AV) considers freezer size when determining consumption rate and calculated as “refrigerator fresh volume + (1.63 x freezer volume)”.
- Washing machines – volume greater than 2.5 cubic feet
- Certified ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2018 (version 8)
- Toilets – WaterSense® Certified
- MaP Flush Performance Score 1000g or more
- Qualifying dehumidifier – as identified by retailer; or
Seasonal rebates may be applied to approved products, including:
- ENERGY STAR LED lighting and fixtures
- Lighting control systems, i.e. dimmers and motions sensors
- Powers controls, i.e. heavy-duty timers, power bars with timer and smart power bars
- Programmable thermostats
- Clothesline kits and drying racks
- Water measuring products, i.e. WaterSense® Certified showerheads, select faucet aerators.
How do I get the rebate?
You do not need to apply for the rebate. You will automatically receive the discount when you pay for the item at a participating retailer listed below.
|Region||Retailer||Store Location||Product Rebates available at this location||Seasonal Campaign Participant|
|Dehumidifiers||Washers||Refrigerators||Smart Thermostats||Toilets||ENERGY STAR
|Alberton||Alberton Home Hardware Building Centre||590 Main St.||X||X|
|Bloomfield||Kent-Bloomfield||2180 Mill River East Rd.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Bloomfield||Markan Hardwood||18 Gard Road||X|
|Charlottetown||Canadian Tire||20 Babineau Ave.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Kent||65 Walsh Rd.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Home Depot||60 Buchanan Dr.||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Charlottetown Home Hardware||115 St Peters Rd.||X||X||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Best Buy||191 Buchanan Dr.||X||X|
|Charlottetown||M&M Furniture||537 St. Peters Rd.||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Mr. Plumber||293 Allen St.||X|
|Charlottetown||The Brick||670 University Ave.||X||X|
|Charlottetown||Sherwood Timbermart||167 Minna Jane Dr. #13||X|
|Charlottetown||Leon’s Furniture||1-167 Minna Jane Dr.||X||X|
|Kensington||Kent||64 Broadway St.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Montague||Stewart and Beck’s Home Hardware||568 Main St.||X|
|Montague||Stewart and Beck’s Home Building Centre||5320 Main St.||X|
|North Rustico||North Rustico Home Hardware||7381 Cavendish Rd.||X||X|
|O’Leary||O’Leary Home Hardware||486 Main St.||X||X|
|Souris||Prompt Plumbing||31 Fortune Road||X|
|Stratford||Kinlock Home Hardware||14 Kinlock Rd.||X||X||X||X|
|Summerside||Canadian Tire||474 Granville St.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Summerside||Kent||19 Eustane St.||X||X||X||X||X|
|Summerside||Callbeck’s Home Hardware||613 Water Street||X||X||X||X|
|Summerside||Summerside Home Furniture (Callbeck’s)||205 Wyatt St. E||X||X||X|
|Summerside||Furniture Gallery||205 Wyatt Crescent||X||X|
|Tignish||Tignish Home Hardware Building Centre||372 Church St.||X||X||X|
Energy efficiency incentives are a cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.
Who can I contact for more information?
69 Belvedere Ave, Charlottetown PE
120 Heather Moyse Drive, Summerside PE