Proposed Water Withdrawal Regulations
The Water Withdrawal Regulations will be established under the Water Act to regulate the withdrawal of water from groundwater and watercourses. Both the original and revised drafts of the regulations are found on this page.
The plain language summary for the revised draft of the regulations addresses only the changes between the two drafts. For a full understanding of the regulations, please read the plain language summaries for both drafts. In addition, the supporting documents include a policy description of how government will determine what agricultural research warrants approval. The revised draft of these regulations are planned to be approved for implementation on June 16, 2021.
The revised draft of the proposed regulations and plain language documents are available below:
- Revised Proposed Water Withdrawal Regulations
- Plain Language Summary for the revised version
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions
- Agricultural Irrigation Research Policy
The original draft of the proposed regulations and plain language documents are available below:
- Proposed Water Withdrawal Regulations (original draft)
- Plain Language Summary for the original draft
- Frequently Asked Questions