Proposed Well Construction Regulations
The Well Construction Regulations will be established under the Water Act to regulate the construction standards of wells and the licensing of well drillers.
The plain language summary for the revised draft of the regulations addresses only the changes between the two drafts. For a full understanding of the regulations, please read the plain language summaries for both drafts. The revised draft of these regulations are planned to be approved for implementation on June 16, 2021.
The revised draft of the proposed regulations and plain language documents are available below:
- Revised Proposed Well Construction Regulations
- Plain Language Summary for the revised version
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions
The original draft of the proposed regulations and explanatory documentation are available below:
- Proposed Well Construction Regulations (original draft)
- Plain Language Summary for the original draft
- Frequently Asked Questions