Reporting Injured Animals

Who should I call to report an injured land animal?

For injured birds and land mammals, call 902-368-4683 or 1-866-368-4683 during regular working hours.

After hours and on weekends, call 902-368-4683 or 1-866-368-4683 and leave a detailed message with your contact information and the location of the injured animal.

Injured Marine Mammals and Sea Turtles

For marine animals such as whales, seals, dolphins and sea turtles:

  • To report a dead sea mammal, call the PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities at 902-838-0635 or toll-free at 1-877-407-0187 or refer to Marine Mammals Removal and Disposal.
  • For injured to entangled sea mammals, call the Canadian Coast Guard at 1-800-565-1633 or the Marine Mammal Response Society at 1-866-567-6277
Note: The Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division does not respond to lost or abandoned animals calls or calls about nuisance animals. For more information on these issues, visit People and Wildlife
Published date: 
May 27, 2019
Environment, Water and Climate Change

General Inquiries

Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
183 Upton Road
Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-6450
Fax: 902-368-4713

Like us on Facebook