Reporting Wildfires and Forest Fires

Call 911 to Report a Wildfire on PEI

To report a wildfire, forest fire or grass fire emergency, call 911 and include the following information:

  • Community name where the fire is occurring
  • Route number and/or road name
  • Civic number of the property where the fire is occurring or a civic number near the fire location
  • Your name and phone number 

Burning Permits

You can obtain a burning permit free of charge at any Forests, Fish and Wildlife office from Monday to Friday during regular working hours but you must sign the permit to acknowledge that you understand and agree to abide by the applicable rules and regulations.

As well, please call the office before you go to ensure that an authorized staff member is on hand.

Published date: 
May 24, 2019
Environment, Water and Climate Change

General Inquiries

Forests, Fish and Wildlife Division
J. Frank Gaudet Tree Nursery
183 Upton Road
Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-368-6450

Wildlife Emergencies:

Like us on Facebook