Council of the Federation Youth Internship
Each year, the Council of the Federation Secretariat accepts applications from across Canada for its youth internship program.
What is the purpose of the youth internship program?
The Council of the Federation (COF) Youth Internship program encourages young Canadians to actively participate in public policy development, public service, government and political life. It provides young people with hands-on work experience and an opportunity to improve their understanding of how intergovernmental relations operate in the Canadian federation.
Where does the work term take place?
The location is Ottawa, Ontario. The work term begins in July and continues for a period of 12 months.
Who is eligible to apply?
To apply, you must be:
- 25 years of age or younger;
- a graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program at a recognized university;
- legally able to work in Canada;
- demonstrate an interest in Canadian politics and federalism
- be able to communicate in English and French.
What is the deadline?
The application deadline is February 19, 2020.