Fathers of Confederation Buildings Trust
The objects of the Trust are to use, administer, manage and maintain the Fathers of Confederation buildings in furtherance of the purpose for which it was erected, as a national memorial to the Fathers of Confederation.
What is the function of the board?
The Trust may:
- (a) acquire, hold, loan, exchange and dispose of pictures, books, museum pieces and objets d'art;
- (b) hold, arrange for and sponsor exhibitions, lectures, performances;
- (c) publish, sell and distribute and promote and assist in the publication, sale and distribution of books, papers, catalogues, reports, pamphlets and circulars;
- (d) acquire, hold, manage and dispose of any real and personal property;
- (e) enter into agreements with any person which it may consider necessary or advisable in furtherance of its objects and execute such agreements, deeds and other instruments therefor; and
- (f) promote, assist in and do all other matters, things and duties that will commemorate the meetings of the Fathers of Confederation and otherwise as the board may consider necessary or expedient in the operation and maintenance of the buildings as a national centre.
Primary Role: Adjudicative
Material Role: Managerial/Oversight
How many people are on the board?
The Trust shall consist of a chairperson who is a PEI resident, and twenty-three other members, of whom seven are residents of the province and 16 are not ordinarily resident in the province and who represent other regions of Canada.
What are the requirements of board members?
Work & Experience Requirements
Management and business experience is preferred.
What are the nomination requirements?
Statutory Nomination Requirements
The Lieutenant Governor in Council shall appoint all members.
Will I get paid?
What is the time commitment of the board?
The board shall meet once per year, as well as special meetings called by the Chair.
Each member of the board shall be appointed for a term of up to three years and may be re-appointed.
|Name||County||Term Start||Term End|
|H Wayne Hambly, Chair||Queens County||Jul 31, 2017||Jul 31, 2018|
|Brian Francis||Queens County||Jul 31, 2016||Jul 31, 2019|
|Michael Schurman||Queens County||Jul 31, 2015||Jul 31, 2018|
|Dr. Colin J McMillan||Queens County||Jul 31, 2015||Jul 31, 2017|
|Dr. Gregory Mitton||Queens County||Jul 31, 2015||Jul 31, 2018|
|Barbara Stevenson||Queens County||Jul 31, 2015||Jul 31, 2016|
|Bob Sear||Queens County||Jul 31, 2016||Jul 31, 2019|
|James C. Travers||Queens County||Jul 31, 2016||Jul 31, 2017|
How can I apply?
If you would like to serve as a member of a provincial government agency, board, or commission (ABC) you can apply online through Engage PEI.