With transportation being one of the largest carbon emitters in the province, public transit is key in reaching PEI’s goal of being the first net zero province in Canada by 2040.
Public transit is available in Charlottetown, Cornwall, Stratford, Summerside and Eastern PEI.
Whether you need to go to work, school, shopping, an appointment or out for pleasure, public transit can get you there.
Routes and Locations
- T3 Transit operates Monday to Saturday in the Charlottetown area. Reduced service is available on Sunday.
- T3 Transit travels to Cornwall and Stratford locations from Monday to Friday.
- County Line Express travels from Summerside to Charlottetown return from Monday to Friday.
- Maritime Bus provides public transit in Summerside from Monday to Friday.
- Eastern PEI transit routes operate Monday to Friday three round trips per day.
- A rural public transit route between Tignish and Charlottetown, through Summerside, Borden-Carleton and south shore communities will operate twice daily. A second route will provide inter-community transit in the West Prince region and midday to Summerside.
There is no service on statutory holidays including New Year’s Day, Islander Day, Good Friday, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Visit Island-wide Public Transit for more information including prices, routes and bookings
May 17, 2022