Stay connected with the Government of Prince Edward Island as well as program and service areas by following these social media channels:
@InfoPEI - News and information from the Government of Prince Edward Island
@peileg - Updates from Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island at Province House
@Health_PEI - Updates from Prince Edward Island's health system
@EducationPEI - The official education account of the Government of Prince Edward Island
@PEIwellness - Updates, wellness tips and public health alerts from the Department of Health and Wellness
@PEIPublicSafety - Public safety alerts and tips from the PEI Office of Public Safety
@PEILibrary - Library events and updates from the Public Library Service
@PEIMuseum - Updates from museum and gallery sites of the PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation
@peiacsw - PEI Status of Women
@tourismpei - Official account of Tourism PEI
@Innovation_PEI - Official account of Innovation PEI
@startupzonepei - The "Innovation Destination" where change makers collide and companies grow
@gopei - Official account of go!PEI
Government of Prince Edward Island - Videos of announcements and special events
Tourism PEI - Videos that showcase Prince Edward Island's way-of-life
Government of Prince Edward Island - News, career and investment information from the Government of Prince Edward Island
The intended use of social media by the Government of Prince Edward Island is for strategic communications and engagement with citizens and stakeholders. Social media channels are monitored and maintained by moderators.
Moderators will remove any or all comments or links posted to Government of PEI websites and social media channels that:
- are spam;
- promote or advertise personal websites or commercial purposes deemed inappropriate;
- contain threatening, offensive, racist, hateful or defamatory content;
- contain copyrighted material;
- provide non-published or private information about Government of PEI or its employees such as personal e-mails, home phone numbers or addresses; and/or
- off topic comments not related to the particular discussion or issue being addressed. (Instead, use the Feeback tab to share your comments).
- identical comments by the same user (the first submission will be posted).
- are partisan in nature.
How are comments are moderated?
All comments on Government of PEI social media channels are moderated by employees. Moderating will generally occur Monday to Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time). Comments submitted after hours, on weekends or on statutory holidays will be acted upon as early as possible.
Who do I contact with a media question?
Media are asked to direct questions through communications contacts.