Child Protection

By law, you must call Child Protection Services if you think a child is being abused or neglected by a parent or guardian.

You must call Child Protection if you think:

  • a child is being physically, sexually or emotionally hurt by a parent;
  • a child has been hurt and a parent did not prevent it but could have;
  • a child is living in a home where there is domestic violence;
  • a child is being neglected by their parent.
If you think a child is unsafe with their parent, you must call Child Protection.
Time of Day Toll Free Number to call
During Business Hours 1 (877) 341-3101
After Business Hours 1 (800) 341-6868


Published date: 
April 12, 2018
Social Development and Housing

General Inquiries

Department of Social Development and Housing
2nd Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8

Phone: 902-620-3777
Toll-free: 1-866-594-3777
Fax: 902-368-4740