Pooles Corner Business Park
The Pooles Corner Business Park is the ideal site for manufacturing and communication technology companies to take advantage of low business costs and a skilled and available labour force.
Where is the Pooles Corner Business Park located?
The Pooles Corner Business Park is located within close proximity to the town of Montague.
Is this a tax-free park?
Yes, Pooles Corner Business Park is tax-free for the companies located there.
What other tax incentives does the park offer?
Companies located in the business park receive tax incentives such as:
- Corporate Income Tax – An amount equal to 30 per cent of the company’s capital investment in the park will be set aside to offset future corporate income tax paid to the government of Prince Edward Island.
- Real Property Tax – A full rebate annually of all real property tax attributable to ownership of facilities within the park.
To receive these tax incentives, companies must meet the following criteria:
- Be a newly incorporated entity,
- Have potential for a minimum capital investment of $300,000 or incremental sales of $500,000 annually,
- Have potential to create a minimum of 10 jobs, and
- Be consistent with the principle of sustainable economic development.
NOTE: No company will receive these tax incentives if their move to the park will displace jobs currently located in another part of PEI or will give the company an unfair competitive advantage over existing businesses in the province.
Who can I contact for more information?
Norma Kennific-Bernard, BBA, DPA (Client Services and Procurement Officer)
94 Euston Street
Phone: (902) 569-7605
Fax: (902) 569-7601