Online Security and Privacy Assurance
The Government of Prince Edward Island is committed to providing website services that respect your privacy, protect your security and preserve the integrity of the Province’s computing infrastructure.
Specific encryption and security provisions are in place to keep your personal and payment information secure when you complete any online transaction, with or without payment, on princeedwardisland.ca.
How do I know my information is secure?
Security measures are integrated into the design, implementation and operating practices of the entire electronic operating environment for any service you access on princeedwardisland.ca.
- Online transactions are continuously monitored and audited.
- Standard web-browser security (certificate and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology permits secure encryption of information sent on the Internet.
How are my online payments handled?
The Province uses Moneris Payment Processing Services, an external service provider for online payment services. Moneris is Canada’s leading provider for online payment processing services and complies with all Government of Prince Edward Island privacy, security and terms-of-use policies.
What can I do to ensure my online activity is secure?
To ensure Internet security, consider the following:
- For optimal experience, use Google Chrome or Firefox to access princeedwardisland.ca. Other software may not offer the same look or function.
- Regular email correspondence does not offer the same encryption and security measures offered through government online transaction services.
- As a general practice, you should monitor your personal banking and credit card information for any unauthorized transactions.