Payment of Taxes
Options for paying taxes may vary for corporations and individuals. In general tax payments will be received as follows:
Individual - Property Tax: Set up online payments through your financial institution's online banking website. The payee to select is: Province of PEI – Property Tax.
Business – Revenue and Property Tax:
- Telus Assure - Contact your financial institution to access this online payment option for businesses to file and pay revenue and property taxe through TELUS Assure Financial Services Tax Payment and Remittance Services for Business. For information visit Telus Assure Pay Tax Filing Service Brochure.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) – To provide banking information, contact email@example.com.
- Business portal (?)
Interac e-Transfers or any other e-mail payments will not be accepted. Any payments sent should be cancelled by the sender.
File and pay taxes in person at the following locations:
- The Taxation Office drop box, Shaw Building (South Entrance), 95 Rochford Street, Charlottetown (Do not put cash in a drop box. Leave only cheque, money order, or bank payable to Minister of Finance.); or
- Access PEI Centres (cash, cheque, money order, bank draft, debit):
- Access PEI Alberton, 116 Dufferin Street – in person
- Access PEI Charlottetown, 33 Riverside Drive – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI Montague, 41 Wood Islands Hill – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI O'Leary, 45 East Drive – in person
- Access PEI Souris, 15 Green Street – in person
- Access PEI Summerside, 120 Harbour Drive – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI Tignish, 103 School Street – in person
- Access PEI Wellington, 48 Mill Road – in person/drop box*
Mail cheque/money order/bank draft payable to the Minister of Finance to:
Taxation and Property Records
PO Box 1330
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N1
Are there any fees associated with payment options?
The Department of Finance charges $35 for any cheque that is not honoured and $20 for any wire transfer payment. There may be fees charged by your financial institution, please consult with them to learn what their fees might be.
Credit Cards are not accepted for any type of tax payment.