Property Tax Payments
This section provides information on payment options available to Property Tax payers.
Some of these payment options vary depending on whether the payer is a corporation or an individual. Refer to the following for a full list of payment options for this particular tax.
What payment options are available to Property Tax payers?
The filing and payment of Property taxes and fees may be done in person at the following locations:
- The Taxation Office drop box*, Shaw Building (South Entrance), 95 Rochford Street, Charlottetown (cheque, money order, or bank draft); or
- Access PEI Centres (cash, cheque, money order, bank draft, debit):
- Access PEI Alberton, 116 Dufferin Street – in person
- Access PEI Charlottetown, 33 Riverside Drive – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI Montague, 41 Wood Islands Hill – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI O'Leary, 45 East Drive – in person
- Access PEI Souris, 15 Green Street – in person
- Access PEI Summerside, 120 Harbour Drive – in person/drop box*
- Access PEI Tignish, 103 School Street – in person
- Access PEI Wellington, 48 Mill Road – in person/drop box*
*DO NOT put cash payments in the drop box.
Cheque/money order/bank draft payable to the Minister of Finance can be mailed to:
Taxation and Property Records
PO Box 1330
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 7N1
TELUS Assure Financial Services Tax Payment and Remittance Services for Business:
This service is available through most financial institutions. Contact your financial institution to access this online payment option for businesses to file and pay Property Taxes. This link will take you to the Telus Assure Pay Tax Filing Service Brochure.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Businesses setup for EFT can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for banking information to make payment.
Interac e-Transfers (e-mail payments):
Payments will not be accepted by Interac e-Transfer or any other means of sending payment to an e-mail address. If you have sent payment by Interac e-Transfer or by e-mail, please cancel the payment as we cannot guarantee it can be cancelled from the e-mail address to which it may have been sent.
Visit your financial institution's online banking website for more information. The payee to select is:Province of PEI – Property Tax.
Who should cheques, money orders, or bank drafts be made payable to?
Cheques, money orders, or bank drafts are payable to the Minister of Finance.
Are there any fees associated with payment options?
The Department of Finance charges $35 for any cheque that is not honoured and $20 for any wire transfer payment. There may be fees charged by your financial institution, please consult with them to learn what their fees might be.
Credit Cards are not accepted for any type of tax payment.