PEI Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program
The Prince Edward Island Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program is designed to increase environmental sustainability and climate change mitigation in PEI’s fisheries and aquaculture sectors. The program will support:
- implementation and adoption of market-ready clean technologies,
- processes or sustainable practices to reduce the potential for negative environmental impacts from day- to-day activities.
Applications will be assessed for a project’s ability to have both environmental and economic benefits. Three program streams (i.e., fisher/harvester, grower and processor) were developed in order to support clients to access funding through the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada(DFO) Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program (FACTAP).
Who is eligible for funding?
- Indigenous organization (group, association or community);
- Commercial enterprise (company or self-employed); and
- Industry or professional association.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Implementation of market-ready:
- Clean technologies;
- Clean processes; and
- Sustainable practices.
- Adoption of clean technologies and measures used in other countries;
- Eligible activities must be implemented or adopted in PEI.
Where can I find more information?
For more information, contact:
Prince Edward Island Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program Officer
PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities
548 Main Street, PO Box 1180
Montague, PE, C0A 1R0
Telephone: (902) 838-0983
Fax: (902) 838-0972