PEI Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, Innovation and Growth Program
The Prince Edward Island Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, Innovation and Growth Program is designed to encourage the fisheries and aquaculture sectors of PEI to improve efficiency, quality and productivity by adopting innovative solutions through industry-led applied research and development. The Program aims to increase industry competitiveness, productivity and profitability by supporting industry-led innovative research, processes and products leading to an expansion of current knowledge and industry advancement within the fisheries and aquaculture sectors of PEI. Additionally, the Program also anticipates to increase environmental sustainability and climate change mitigation by improving the the efficiency, quality and productivity of the seafood sectors of PEI. Applications will be assessed for a project’s ability to have both economic and sustainability benefits. Four program streams (i.e., fisher / harvester, grower, processor and association) were developed.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Indigenous organization (group, association or community);
- Commercial enterprise (company or self-employed); and
- Industry or professional association.
What types of activities are eligible for funding?
- Eligible activities must be new, innovative and implemented or adopted in PEI;
- Eligible activities must be shown to increase efficiency, quality and/or productivity;
- Activities must be related to the fish and seafood sectors such as, but not limited to:
- Designs, engineering costs;
- Rental or purchase of equipment, materials or supplies; and/or
- Consultation costs.
Where can I find more information?
For more information, contact:
Prince Edward Island Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, Innovation and Growth Program Officer
PEI Department of Fisheries and Communities
548 Main Street, PO Box 1180
Montague, PE, C0A 1R0
Telephone: (902) 838-0983
Fax: (902) 838-0972