Give your input to PEI electoral boundaries
The PEI Electoral Boundaries Commission is seeking input from Island voters on a review of provincial electoral districts.
Why is being considered?
The Commission must take the following factors into consideration in making their recommendations to the Legislative Assembly, as follows:
- the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- data from the Register of Electors
- polling divisions from the most recent general election
- geographical features
- information pertaining to population
- community of interest
- municipal boundaries
- public input
- guidelines or criteria proposed for the consideration of the Commission by resolution of the Legislative Assembly and may consider such other factors as it regards relevant.
How can I provide input?
There are four options to participate and stay informed of the review of the 27 provincial electoral districts, as follows:
- Attend one of 14 public meetings, scheduled from February to April 2017 in communities across the province.
- Listen to audio transcripts of meetings. All meetings are recorded and available for playback on-demand.
- Make a presentation to the Commission during a public meeting
- Send a written submission by email, mail or post online.
What is the deadline for input?
The deadline is April 5, 2017.
When will recommendations be available to the public?
The commission will provide its final report and recommendations to the Legislative Assembly during the Spring 2017 sitting.
Where can I get more information?
PEI Electoral Boundaries Commission
Phone: (902) 368-5685 ext 7004
Toll-free: 1-888-234-8683 ext 7004