About EMR Solution
The EMR Solution will modernize how we collect, share and use patient information. The single instance of the province-wide solution communicates with other systems across the continuum of care. It is an essential component of the One Person, One Record vision.
The EMR is a tool to allow us to receive hospital-based clinical documents, laboratory results and diagnostic reports; and exchange information with the billing system and pharmacy systems for prescription management - without signing on to another system.
The implementation of the province-wide solution will transform the delivery of patient care:
- Enable care providers to work together and securely share patient information.
- Provide for new care models such as virtual care.
- Equip system planners with data and evidence to create policy and make investments where Islanders need it most.
- Empower and equip patients with information and confidence to take a more active role in managing their own health.
The province has selected TELUS Collaborative Health Record (CHR) as the electronic medical record solution for PEI
Benefits of the EMR
Increased Patient Safety
- Comprehensive view of the patient record.
More Informed Clinical Decisions
- Inclusion of hospital-based clinical documentation and diagnostics.
- Reduces the risk of lost information (e.g., due to dropped faxes or misfiled information).
Support For Collaborative Care
- Will facilitate more efficient sharing of clinical information across the continuum of care.
- A single, province-wide EMR instance.
Support Chronic Disease Management And Prevention
- Improving screening and testing by tracking the frequency of preventive services.
- Identifying people with an active or potential chronic disease; targeting services to patients based on their level of risk.
Improved Population Health
- Better information to make evidenced-base health policy and to guide investments.
Improvements In Practice Management
- More efficient scheduling management, practice billing and general communications and messaging.
Work From Anywhere
- Ability to access patient information from anywhere with a secure internet connection – in the clinic or on the go.
Evolving Patient Care Delivery Options
- Easily conduct video visits, access health information and update patient health records simultaneously from within the EMR.
Improved Communications With Patients
- Patients want to become more engaged with their care and there is an opportunity to leverage technology to meet their needs for improved communication, information sharing.
- Giving patients more control over their personal health information.
EMR Core Functionality
The EMR solution includes the following core functionality:
- Patient Scheduling (including integration with the provincial Client Registry for demographic information)
- Visit Documentation (including clinical documents, lab results and diagnostic reports from the Clinical Information System)
- Immunization extracts sent to the Immunization Registry
- Patient Portal
- Video Conferencing virtual visits
- E-faxing (e.g., for laboratory or diagnostic imaging requisitions, eReferrals, etc.)
- Prescription management using PrescribeIT (late 2021/2022) - PrescribeIT.ca
- Automated Billing
- Data Analytics
About Telus Collaborative Health Record
Run your entire practice with the CHR
Get full EMR functionality plus patient engagement tools, virtual care and streamlined documentation – all easily accessible by simply logging in.
Engage patients in their care
Connect with patients through the integrated portal, which includes eBooking, automated reminders, encrypted messaging, video visits, and tools for intake assessment and outcome measurement.
Streamlined patient encounter
Customize and automate intake, screening, prescriptions and billing. Patient-submitted data ﬂows into encounter notes in advance of the visit so you can focus on care, not documentation.
Provide seamless virtual care
Launch synchronous (video/audio) and asynchronous (messaging) virtual care from the patient chart, and track patient ﬂow from virtual waiting room to triage to clinical visit with a workﬂow management tool.
Access powerful data
Access data for live visibility into every aspect of your practice such as billing and clinic workﬂows to increase productivity, aid in clinical decision-making and help enhance health outcomes.
To find out more, visit https://www.telus.com/en/health/health-professionals/clinics/collaborative-health-record.
You can also watch the recorded Telus CHR Demonstration
For more information, contact the EMR Program by sending an email to email@example.com.