Anesthetist - Charlottetown
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork?
The Anesthesiology Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is seeking a full-time permanent anesthetist to join a team of eight specialists. The position will be available in October 2020. Located in Prince Edward Island’s charming capital city, Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 243-bed provincial referral facility, is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
How about living in a sea-side community that encourages work-life balance? If so, look no further…Prince Edward Island offers you:
- some of the most affordable housing costs in the country;
- lots of green space and waterfront;
- sport and leisure activities;
- short commute times; and
- low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods.
One (1) position - October 2020
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 with a 4 year (7,800 hour) commitment.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat