Anesthetists - Summerside
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork?
The Anesthesiology Department at the Prince County Hospital is seeking full-time permanent anesthetists to join its team of health care professionals. This regional hospital has 110-beds with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
How about living in a sea-side community that encourages work-life balance? Prince Edward Island offers you:
- some of the most affordable housing costs in the country;
- lots of green space and waterfront;
- sport and leisure activities;
- short commute times; and
- low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 with a 4 year (7,800 hour) commitment.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Hospital based electronic patient record system.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and other requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat