Anesthetists - Summerside
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about living in a community that encourages work-life balance? If so, then look no further…
Prince Edward Island offers you:
Some of the lowest housing costs in the country;
Green space and water views;
Sport and leisure activities;
Short commute times; and
low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods
The Prince County Hospital Department of Anesthesiology is seeking full-time permanent Anesthetists to join its team of health care professionals. The Prince County Hospital is a 110-bed regional hospital with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
Located in Summerside, the Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the deliver of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract-for-service, or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base salary range is $208,366 - $240,924.
- Base contract-for- service is $225,366 - $257,924.
- Fee-for-service is based on Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
After hours and weekend on-call services provided outside regular salaried or contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
For the salary model, benefit package, and Tariff of Fees, go to the Master Agreement.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (link is external) Certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island (link is external); and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”