COVID-19 Information for Transportation Crews, Military and Coast Guard
PEI resident commercial pilots or air crew members, Coast Guard, or military personnel (whether travelling locally, nationally or internationally) do not have to self-isolate when in PEI, if they are:
- Registered as rotational workers;
- Tested for COVID-19 at the required frequency; and,
- Exempt under the federal Quarantine Act following international travel.
If you are told at the Canadian border that you must isolate for 14 days, you must self-isolate for 14 days in PEI and test at 0-1 and 9-11 days after arrival.
Non-PEI resident commercial pilots or air crew members, Coast Guard, or military personnel do not qualify for exemption from self-isolation when in PEI and are required to follow the public health measures specific to work-isolation.
In Order to be Exempt from Self-Isolation Restrictions, you must:
- Complete the online application for rotational worker status and receive a letter of approval from Public Health; and,
- Be tested for COVID-19 on days 0-1, 4-6 and 9-11 (depending on how long you remain in the province). Testing frequency resets with each arrival: if there are multiple visits each week, there should be at least one test every 7 days.
If you do not get tested at the required frequency, you must remain in self-isolation for 14 days or for the duration of your stay in PEI (if less than 14 days).
Also, if you are told at the Canadian border that you must isolate for 14 days, you must self-isolate for 14 days in PEI and test on days 0-1 and 9-11 after arrival.
While in PEI:
- Keep a physical distance of 2m(6ft) from others when in public places;
- Wear a non-medical mask when in public places; and,
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
If you experience any symptoms related to COVID-19, begin strict self-isolation and go to a drop-in testing clinic instead of waiting for your next scheduled testing appointment. Your entire household needs to self-isolate with you until a negative test is received.
- Follow all public health measures, including:
- Keeping your circle of contacts small
- Practicing good hand hygiene and cough etiquette
- Get tested for COVID-19 at the required frequency.
Call 1-855-354-4358 in advance to book a testing appointment for your return. Book all of your other testing appointments at the same time.
Remember to bring your health card when you go to a testing clinic.
Access your COVID-19 test results online within 72 hours; you will need your health card, date of birth, and the date you were tested to get your results.
If you do not have a PEI Health Card, call 1-833-533-9333 to get your test results or email MyTestResults@gov.pe.ca.