COVID-19 Information for Truck Drivers
PEI resident truck drivers (whether driving locally, nationally or internationally) do not have to self-isolate when in PEI if they are registered as rotational workers and are tested for COVID-19 at the required frequency.
In Order to be Exempt from Self-Isolation Restrictions, you must:
- Complete the online application for rotational worker status and receive a letter of approval from Public Health.
- Be tested for COVID-19 on days 0-1, 4-6 and 9-11 (depending how long you remain in the province). Testing frequency resets with each arrival: if there are multiple visits each week, there should be at least one test every 7 days.
If you do not get tested at the required frequency, you must remain in self-isolation for 14 days or for the duration of your stay in PEI (if less than 14 days).
While in PEI:
- Keep a physical distance of 2m(6ft) from others when in public places
- Wear a non-medical mask when in public places
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
- Follow all public health measures, including:
- Keeping your circle of contacts small
- Practicing good hand hygiene and cough etiquette
- Get tested for COVID-19 at the required frequency
While Working You Must:
- Maintain physical distancing of two metres or six feet from individuals
- Wear a non-medical mask
- Practice hand hygiene
- Monitor your health for symptoms of COVID-19:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Runny nose, sneezing, congestion
- Muscle/joint/body aches
- Feeling unwell/unusual tiredness
- Acute loss of sense of smell or taste
When Not at Work, You Must Self-Isolate, Including:
- Arranging no-contact delivery of food, medication and other essentials
- Not attending public events, places of worship, restaurants/bars, arenas, and gyms
- Not entering the grocery store or other retail outlets
- Not hosting or visiting people
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 at any time, begin strict self-isolation and to to a drop-in testing clinic instead of waiting for your next scheduled testing appointment. All members of the household must also self-isolate until a negative test is received.
For your convenience, there is a testing clinic located at 20 Dickie Road in Borden, open daily from 8:00am to 3:00pm. It is also possible to schedule an appointment at a specific location by calling 1-855-354-4358.
Remember to bring your health card when you go to a testing clinic.
Access your COVID-19 test results online within 72 hours with your PEI Health Card.