COVID-19 Testing and Case Data
|COVID-19 Case Data|
|Total RT-PCR tests completed as of 16-Sept-2021||189,775|
|Total cases (including recovered)||270|
Age distribution (years)
|20 to 39||144||53.3%|
|40 to 59||50||18.5%|
|60 to 79||20||7.4%|
|80 and over||1||0.4%|
Vaccination status of cases diagnosed in 20211 as of 16-Sept-2021
- Recovered cases: A case is deemed recovered if it has been 10 days since symptoms began; the individual does not have a fever and symptoms have markedly improved. If a case was asymptomatic (no symptoms), we use the date of the test as day 0 to start the 10 days.
- Unvaccinated cases include those who were unvaccinated or whose episode date occurred less than 21 days after their first dose of the vaccine.
- Partially vaccinated cases include those whose episode date occurred 21 days or more after their first vaccine dose or less than 14 days after their second dose of the vaccine.
- Fully vaccinated cases include those whose episode date occurred 14 days or more after their second dose of the vaccine.
- Episode date corresponds to the earliest date reported according to the following order: Symptom Onset Date, Specimen Collection Date, or Test Confirmation Date.
1In order to protect the privacy of individuals and to ensure estimates meet reliability standards,, information on the vaccination status of cases will only be updated periodically and when the reliability of the estimates are supported by the available data.
PEI contributes data to the national reporting of cases following vaccination.