COVID-19 Testing in PEI
Here you will find where and when to get tested for COVID-19, how to get your results, and how to get tested before international travel.
Where to get tested?
Testing can be done at either scheduled clinics (by appointment) or drop-in clinics (no appointment necessary).
- Scheduled clinics are offered in Charlottetown at 64 Park Street and in Summerside in Slemon Park.
- You must call your family doctor or nurse practitioner for a referral and you will be given a scheduled time to attend and instructions to follow.
Drop-in clinics - no appointment needed
- Drop-in testing sites are available in locations across PEI for anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. No referral necessary.
Drop-in COVID-19 clinic locations and schedule
O'Leary testing clinic (O'Leary Health Centre, 15 MacKinnon Drive)
Monday: 1pm to 4pm
Wednesday: 1pm to 4pm
Friday: 1pm to 4pm
Summerside testing clinic (Slemon Park, 40 Aerospace Boulevard)
Monday to Friday: 8am to 12pm
Saturday: 8am to 4pm
Sunday: 1pm to 4pm
Charlottetown testing clinic (64 Park Street)
Monday to Sunday: 8am to 4pm
Montague testing clinic (Montague Legion, 15 Douses Road)
Monday: 8am to 12pm
Wednesday: 8am to 12pm
Friday: 8am to 12pm
When you should be tested
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, including new onset fever, new or worsening cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, congestion or unusual fatigue call your family physician or nurse practitioner or go to a drop-in clinic (listed above).
Your test results
- If your test result is positive the Chief Public Health Officer will contact you directly.
- If your test is negative you can get the test result online within up to 72 hours of testing at My test results
How to get tested before international travel
Some countries require a negative COVID-19 test results from the public health authority before international travel. Once you receive a scheduled testing appointment, but prior to the test:
- Contact the QEH Health Records Department at (902)894-0257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to explain that you need your test results before you travel;
- In the subject line of that email write "Urgent Flight";
- In the body of the email provide your name, contact information (phone and email), the date of your flight and the date of your scheduled testing appointment; and,
- Attach a picture of a photo ID which includes your full name and date of birth. If you do not have such an ID, attach a picture of an ID which includes your full name and date of birth.
To request a test:
- International Travelers who require a negative COVID-19 test prior to travel need to contact the appointment scheduling centre at least 5 days before travel by phone 1-833-533-9333 or email COVIDtravel@gov.pe.ca. The scheduling centre will contact you directly to book a testing appointment within the next 1-3 days to allow time for your test to be processed early enough to meet the requirements of your country of destination.
- Please Note that when you call the appointment scheduling centre, you are responsible to provide the information that is required for your country of destination regarding COVID-19 test results, including your passport number.
When your test results for international travel are available:
- The QEH Health Records Department will send you the results by email as a PDF document.
- If you experience delays in receiving your results, call the QEH Health Records Department at (902)894-0257 or by fax at (902)894-2498.