Elite Athlete Assistance Program
What is the Elite Athlete Assistance Program?
The Elite Athlete Assistance Program provides funding to Prince Edward Island athletes who have:
- achieved success at the national and/or international level of competition;
- been identified by a national sport organization as having the potential to perform at the national and/or international level.
Who is eligible?
- You must be registered with a provincial or national sport organization.
- You must have been born in and/or trained in PEI for a minimum of six months.
- You have achieved success at the national and/or international level.
- You have been identified by a national sport organization as having the potential to perform at the national and/or international level.
How much funding can I receive as an elite athlete?
You are eligible for one grant per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31). Funding grants are allocated based on performance levels described in the Tier System Chart.
How can I use the funding?
Funding must be used to offset sport-related expenses such as:
- registration fee;
- transportation to and from competitions;
- accommodations; and
You must be currently training and competing in the sport and you must continue to train when you receive the funding.
How do I apply for the program?
- Fill out the Elite Athlete Assistance Program application form & waiver.
- Gather a list of your performance results from the previous competitive season with events, dates, locations, and results.
- Create a current year training and competition plan.
- Get a copy of supporting documents from the National Sport Organization you are registered with that acknowledges the organization’s national team status or potential status.
- Get a letter of support from the provincial sport organization with which you are registered.
Is there a deadline to submit an application?
March 1, 2017.
Must I pay an application fee to apply?
There is no fee to apply.
Telephone: (902) 368-4789
Fax: (902) 368-4224