Emergency Medicine – Kings County Memorial Hospital- Montague
The Kings County Memorial Hospital has an opportunity for a physician to join their Emergency Department team that provides the full scope of emergency medicine services. The primary work site of the position is located at Kings County Memorial Hospital with the opportunity to explore other Emergency Medicine facilities on Prince Edward Island. The Kings County Memorial Hospital is located in Montague and is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1) position - Beginning immediately
• $175.00 per hour
• 31% (April 1, 2019) of submitted and approved shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement.
• Nights, weekends and holidays are paid at a premium (weekday and weekend nights from midnight to 8:00AM are an additional 50% of the sessional rate; weekend (and holiday) day shifts from 8:00AM to midnight are an additional 20% of the sessional rate).
• Eligibility to claim an Administrative Meeting fee ($50/15 minutes) as per section 32 of the Master Agreement.
• Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
• As outlined in the ED schedule
• Return-in-Service grant and eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
• Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
• Electronic hospital patient record system (CERNER).
• Computerized provider order entry system (CPOE).
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
• Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging;
• Candidates must have CCFP (EM), FRCP (EM), or CCFP with comparable emergency department experience;
• Candidates must have up to date ACLS and ATLS certification and competent in ED ultrasound.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.