Emergency Medicine - Long term Locum Opportunity - Summerside, PEI
Would you rather spend two minutes in traffic compared to two hours in a larger city?
Do you want to work in a province where your voice matters in provincial decisions? Where the provincial government enjoys a respectful and productive relationship with its physicians?
Have you ever wanted to work in a warm and welcoming place where people are friendly, helpful and cheerful? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Prince Edward Island (PEI) may be the place for you!
The Prince County Hospital Emergency Department (ED), located in scenic Summerside, PEI is looking for longer term (1-6 month) locums physicians, with the possibility of a permanent position in our current group which consists of eight full-time and three part-time physicians.
Our 20-bed shop has most of the accoutrements of a modern ED and offers a broad scope of practice. Here, you’ll take the lead in the management of trauma, STEMI, stroke, and code blue patients in a well-organized and collegial environment. Our team has dedicated resources ready to safely manage and support our provincial Covid-19 response if and when it may be required.
- $175.00 per hour;
- 31% (April 1, 2018) of submitted and approved shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement; and
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
- 15 shifts per month; and
- 5 day on 5 days off, a mix of morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight, 7 or 8 hours shifts
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Cost of return travel to Prince Edward Island based on an economy airfare to a maximum of $2,000. If travelling by car, mileage will be reimbursed as determined by PEI Treasury Board rates and bridge and road tolls reimbursed with submission of receipts. Reimbursement for travel by car is not to exceed the cost of economy airfare. Reimbursement for travel over $2,000 will be considered with prior approval from the Locum Program Coordinator where no other options exist.
- Option A:
- $200/day with no receipts; or
- Option B:
- Reimbursement for car rental up to $1,400 weekly and/or accommodations up to $300 nightly, with receipts and daily stipend of $50 (no receipts required) to cover incidentals. Car rental and accommodations exceeding the rates indicated above require advance approval by the Locum Program Coordinator.
- Non-working days: For Options A & B, locums will be reimbursed as per their selected option, where this cost is less than the return travel home on off days. Reimbursement for non-working days will be considered with prior approval from the Locum Program Coordinator.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
Certifications and Requirements:
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging; and
- FRCP(EM), CCFP (EM), or equivalent experience preferred
To apply, please email your CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (902) 368-6302
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.