Emergency Medicine – Prince County Hospital - Summerside
The Prince County Hospital Emergency Department (ED), located in scenic Summerside, PEI, is looking for a full time Emergency Room physician, to join our current group which consists of eight full-time and three part-time physicians.
Our 20-bed shop has most of the accoutrements of a modern ED and offers a broad scope of practice. Here, you’ll take the lead in the management of trauma, STEMI, stroke, and code blue patients in a well-organized and collegial environment. Our team has dedicated resources ready to safely manage and support our provincial Covid-19 response if and when it may be required.
The Prince County Hospital is a regional hospital that has 110-beds with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
- $175.00 per hour;
- 31% (April 1, 2018) of submitted and approved shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement;
- Nights, weekends and holidays are paid at a premium (weekday and weekend nights from midnight to 8:00AM are an additional 50% of the sessional rate; weekend (and holiday) day shifts from 8:00AM to midnight are an additional 25% of the sessional rate); and
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
- 15 shifts per month
- 5 days on 5 days off, a mix of morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight, 7 or 8 hours shifts
- Prince County Hospital Emergency Medicine candidates may be eligible for a return-in-service grant of $80,000 with a 4-year (7,800 hour) commitment to Health PEI;
- Eligible moving expense reimbursement is available;
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School;
- Electronic hospital patient record system (CERNER); and
- Computerized provider order entry system (CPOE).
Certifications and Requirements:
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging; and
- Candidates must have FRCP(EM), CCFP (EM) or comparable emergency department experience.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, please email your CV to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.