Emergency Medicine – Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Charlottetown
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital has opportunities for physicians to join their Emergency Department team that provides the full scope of emergency medicine services. Located in the capital city of Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is the provincial referral centre for specialized hospital services. It is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital’s Emergency Department has 45,000 visits per year with excellent specialty and subspecialty back-up, and offers an interesting mix of pediatric and adult emergency medicine with high acuity. There is triple coverage for 19 hours/day, and a group of 19 collegial full and part time physicians.
- Sessional rate of $175.00 per hour (with lucrative opportunities for additional remuneration as outlined below)
- 31% of submitted and approved shadow-billing.
- Nights, weekends and holidays are paid at a premium (weekday and weekend nights from midnight to 8:00AM are an additional 50% of the sessional rate; weekend (and holiday) day shifts from 8:00AM to midnight are an additional 25% of the sessional rate).
- Eligibility to claim an Administrative Meeting fee ($50/15 minutes) as per section 32 of the Master Agreement.
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
- For further details related to remuneration, please refer to the Master Agreement. This agreement is between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI.
Hours of Work:
- As outlined in the ED schedule
- May be eligible for a return-in-service grant of $40,000 with a 3-year (5,850 hour) commitment to Health PEI;
- Eligible moving expense reimbursement is available.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic hospital patient record system (CERNER).
- Computerized provider order entry system (CPOE).
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging; and
- Candidates must have FRCP(EM), CCFP (EM) or comparable emergency department experience.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.