Essential and Allowable Services
The Essential, Non-essential and Allowable listing below applies to any business or organization including for-profit, non-profit or other entity providing goods and services. Owners and operators of businesses, services and organizations that are permitted to operate, shall take the following preventative measures:
- take every reasonable step to ensure minimal interaction of people (including employees and/or clients) within two metres of each other;
- take every reasonable step necessary to prevent employees who are required to self-isolate, as provided above, from entering workplaces;
- develop and follow an exclusion policy that ensures symptomatic employees are immediately excluded from work activities;
- develop and follow an operational plan detailing how risk of transmission of disease will be mitigated;
- ensure enhanced cleaning and disinfection of shared areas and surfaces;
- ensure hand washing stations are available;
- follow any direction issued to a specific class of business, service or organization, as may be amended from time to time; and
- follow any other direction issued to the business, service or organization by the Chief Public Health Officer.
Essential services means services that the interruption of which would endanger the life, health or personal safety of the whole or part of the population.
Not every aspect of a business that offers essential services is considered essential. Equally, workers performing duties in an essential service or function identified here may not be equally exempted from the requirements to self isolate in the Public Health Order or to enter the province in the Emergency Measures Act Order.
Allowable Services includes those provided by businesses and organizations that may open within each distinct phase of the Renew PEI Together plan.
Other services: Businesses, services and organizations that are not an essential service or an allowable service may continue serving the public by means of telephone, virtual services, delivery, and pick-up, provided that owners and operators of those services comply at all times with the preventative measures described above.
List of essential services and allowable services
The following is a list of essential services and allowable services. This list is not exhaustive and is updated as required.
Financial services, including:
Health and wellness, including:
Personal services, including:
Public services, including:
Retail (sale of goods and services) including:
Supply chain, including:
Construction and Landscaping Services, including:
Recreational Services, including:
Non-Urgent Health Professional Services (phase #1), including:
Child care and day programs, including:
Other Services, including:
Personal Services, including:
Food premises, including
Accommodations, for PEI residents only, including:
Public spaces, including: