Family Physician – Kings County
The Kings County Primary Care Network requires two Primary Care Family Physicians to provide the full scope of primary care support within the health network catchment areas. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work in the Emergency Medicine department of the Kings County Memorial Hospital located in Montague, PEI.
The Kings County Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Two (2) positions beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
Hours of work
The salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours per week. Hospital coverage and participation in the on-call schedule may be required.
• Return-in-Service Grant and eligible Moving Expense reimbursements are available;
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
• Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
Certifications and Other Requirements
• MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
• CCFP physicians will be given priority.
• Work experience preferable.
To apply, send your CV to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."