Family Physician - Queens
The Queens East & West Health Primary Care Networks require Primary Care Family Physicians to provide the full scope of primary care support and may be required to provide inpatient coverage within the health networks' catchment areas.
The Queens Primary Care Networks are operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
6.6 positions beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work
The salaried physicians will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours per week. Hospital coverage and participation in the on-call schedule may be required.
- Eligible Moving Expense reimbursements are available;
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements
- MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II (LMCC);
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging;
- CCFP physicians will be given priority; and
- Work experience preferable.
To apply, send your c.v. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."