Family Physician - Queens East Health Primary Care Network
The Queens East Primary Care Network requires a Primary Care Family Physician to provide the full scope of primary care support within the health network catchment area.
The Queens East Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Charlottetown - (1 position)
- starting April 1, 2020 Job Posting I.D. 2018-11-QE-18-F
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base salary range is $150,266 - $162,160
- An additional blended payment is available and is paid as a percentage of approved shadow billings (when a defined threshold is met)
- On-call work outside of regular salary hours is remunerated by on-call retainer and fee for service
Includes benefits such as paid vacation entitlement starting at four weeks annually, paid time and funds for Continuing Medical Education, and contribution to a cost-shared RRSP program.
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement
For further information on salary models, benefits package, and tariff of fees, view the Master Agreement.
Hours of work:
The salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours per week. Hospital coverage and participation in the on-call schedule is required.
• Moving Expense Allowance available.
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
• Electronic medical record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
• CCFP physicians will be given priority.
• Work experience preferable.
To apply, send C.V. referencing Job Posting I.D. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."