Family Physician - Souris - Eastern Kings Health Centre
Full-time Permanent Family Physician-Eastern Kings Health Centre.
The Physician will work in a collaborative practice in the Eastern Kings Health Centre, which is co-located in the Souris Hospital in the town of Souris. The Eastern Kings Health Centre team includes a Family Physician, a Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care Nurses, Diabetes Educators, and administrative staff who work together to provide holistic care and positive patient outcomes. The Physician will participate in providing primary health care services to people in eastern Prince Edward Island.
16 Garfield Street
P.O. Box 2000
Hours of work:
7.5 hours per day; 37.5 hours per week
The physician will be responsible to cover on-call hospital inpatients at Souris Hospital, and participate in the on-call schedule at Colville Manor in Souris.
- This is a salaried position working from the Eastern Kings Health Centre co-located in the Souris Hospital. Base salary range is: $147,320-$158,980.
- For additional information on salary model and benefits package, follow the link to the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island, the Government of PEI and Health PEI.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment with Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic based record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as outlined in the Master Agreement (currenly under negotiation).
About the community:
Souris is a welcoming seaside community with a positive work/life balance for adults and children. A great place to call home with friendly people and beautiful scenery.
- Physicians must possess MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as at least 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada. CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
- Work experience preferable.
For more information contact:
Rachel M. Chapman
Telephone: (902) 687-7028
Fax: (902) 687-7160
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
Telephone: (902) 368-6302
Fax: (902) 620-3875