Family Physicians - East Prince
The East Prince Health Primary Care Network requires Primary Care Family Physicians to provide the full scope of primary care support within the health network catchment area.
The East Prince Health Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of work:
The salaried physician will be required to work 7.5 hours per day/37.5 hours/week
- Return-in-Service Grant and eligible Moving Expense reimbursements are available. Click here for more information;
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Work experience preferable.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.