Food Safety Information
Food safety is a shared responsibility between consumers and retailers. Whether you prepare food in your home for your family or in your food premise for your customers, the following links will provide valuable information on food handling and food safety.
- Food Safety (Health Canada)
- Food Handling (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
- Food Recall Warnings (Canadian Food Inspection Agency)
Where can I find food safety information?
- list of fact sheets related to food safety (http://www.gov.pe.ca/health/index.php3?number=1020737)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/information-for-consumers/fact/eng/1304...)
Handwashing - "Please Wash. Clean Hands Prevent Disease"
Food Storage - "Temperatures and Food Safety"
Who can I contact to get more information about food safety?
Environmental Health, Department of Health & Wellness
Telephone: (902) 368-4970
Toll Free: 1(800)958-6400
Fax: (902) 368-6468