General Internist – Summerside
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork?
The Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
How about living in a sea-side community that encourages work-life balance? If so, look no further…Prince Edward Island offers you:
• some of the most affordable housing costs in the country;
• lots of green space and waterfront;
• sport and leisure activities;
• short commute times; and
• low crime rates and safe neighbourhoods.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours/week (based on 1,950 hours per year); or
- Full-time contract-for-service hours are based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursement is available;
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
Certifications and other requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.