General Surgeon - Summerside
Health PEI is seeking two full-time permanent General Surgeons to join the Department of Surgery at the Prince County Hospital in Summerside. The successful candidates will begin practice in Spring/Summer 2021.
Located in Summerside, the Prince County Hospital is a 110-bed regional hospital with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
The Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation, responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Two (2) positions beginning in Spring/Summer 2021.
The General Surgeon is responsible to:
- Provide consultation services, on-call duties, upper and lower GI endoscopy, abdominal procedures, breast and thyroid, advanced IV access, pacemaker insertions;
- Reside within 30 minutes of the City of Summerside to provide on call coverage.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
• Full-time hours and on-call coverage as required. Frequency of on-call coverage is 1 in 3.
• Eligible moving expense reimbursement is available;
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University may be available;
• Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, please send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm AST on Friday May 14th, 2021.
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."