Graduate Nurse Practitioners - Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program
The PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Graduate Nurse Practitioners is an initiative to encourage recent graduates to fill vacant Nurse Practitioner positions with Health PEI.
Who is eligible for PEI Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Graduate Nurse Practitioners?
- Students completing the last year of a recognized Canadian Masters Degree in Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner; or
- Applicants who have graduated from their educational program within the last 12 months from date of the application to the program; or
- Applicants who have completed the requirements to graduate from an approved and recognized Nurse Practitioner program; and
- Applicants who are eligible for registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island; and
- Applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Are students eligible who are enrolled in a Canadian Masters Degree in Nursing, Nurse Practitioner program in a university outside of PEI?
Yes, students from all recognized Canadian Nurse Practitioner programs are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Is preference given to Prince Edward Island residents?
Preference will be given to PEI residents. To be considered a resident of PEI, you must:
- be a graduate of a PEI high school, or
- be a dependent student whose parents are PEI residents, or
- have lived in PEI for more than 12 months while NOT enrolled as a student at any post-secondary institution.
Upon being awarded a Nurse Practitioner position with Health PEI, a one-time financial incentive of $1,100 is available. This sum is intended to offset the cost of the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam and the initial and first full-year registration fee with the College of Registered Nurses of Prince Edward Island.
Is there a return-in-service commitment?
Yes, there is a two year (3,900 working hours) return-in-service agreement that must be signed by the applicant and the employer prior to the commencement of work.
What vacancies currently exist?
Please visit Job Listings for Nurses for Nurse Practitioner job postings
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat of PEI for more information about employment opportunities and the Nursing Recruitment Incentive Program for Graduate Nurse Practitioners.