Hematologic Oncologist or Medical Oncologist
Health PEI is currently seeking a Hematologic Oncologist or a Medical Oncologist, with a strong interest in hematologic oncology, to join a multidisciplinary oncology team.
The PEI Cancer Treatment Centre is a small but modern medical and radiation oncology facility attached to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown. Services are also provided at a satellite centre in Summerside. There are three practicing Medical Oncologists and two Radiation Oncologists, supported by GP Oncologists and a Nurse Practitioner. Additionally, there is a small clinical trials program.
One (1) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing between a salary with benefits, professional contract, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities and volume incentives, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
• Full-time hours (37.5 hours per week) and on-call coverage as required
• Act as a consultant in Medical and Hematologic Oncology in Prince Edward Island in outpatient and inpatient services; and
• Participation in the on-call services for Oncology patients
- This position is eligible for a Signing Bonus/Return-in-Service Grant and moving expense reimbursement;
- Faculty appointments at Dalhousie and Memorial Universities are available for teaching students and residents, without remuneration.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office;
- Opportunities to participate and take leadership positions in local and national committees; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
• The successful candidate must have certification, or be deemed eligible for certification, by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada;
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI; and
• In accordance with the Canadian Immigration regulations, preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada; however, all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”