Hospitalist - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Health PEI is seeking a physician for one FTE Hospitalist position located at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) beginning May 2020. Located in Prince Edward Island’s charming capital city, Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 243-bed provincial referral facility, is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
QEH Hospitalists provide comprehensive inpatient care for unaffiliated adult patients, including admission history and physical examination, daily medical management, participation in multidisciplinary rounds, family conferences and discharge planning.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and attributes:
- experience working on an adult hospitalist service;
- comfort managing and acting as most responsible physician for unstable, complex medical patients;
- commitment to professionalism, collegiality and teamwork;
- ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with patients, families, allied health workers and physician colleagues;
- ability to accommodate the unpredictability of hospital medicine work
The successful candidate will be expected to participate equitably in the on call schedule and contribute to the group’s education and quality of care work An interest in teaching and/or leadership is preferred.
Remuneration is a daily Hospitalist sessional fee and premiums for after hours and weekend work based on the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
The Hospitalist program is a 24/7 service. Currently the program’s format is that of a 7 day on, 7 day off model with five hospitalists working daily, including weekends. A sixth hospitalist is available on standby for overcapacity demand.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island;
• Experience with hospital inpatients required;
• CCFP certification is preferred.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm AST on Friday February 28, 2020
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."