Internal Medicine Specialist – Charlottetown
Health PEI is seeking a full-time permanent Internal Medicine Specialist for a position beginning in December of 2022. The successful candidate will join the Internal Medicine Department at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) in Charlottetown. The Internal Medicine Department currently has 14 FTEs with a mixture of general internal medicine and subspecialty physicians. The QEH is a 243-bed provincial referral facility and general hospital. Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in PEI.
One (1) position beginning December 2022
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract-for-service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; hourly contract-for-service rates; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week; and
- Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
- General Internal Medicine practice providing inpatient and outpatient care. A special interest would be considered an asset;
- Participate in the Internal Medicine on-call schedule, providing general medicine consultations within the hospital and the ER, as well as after-hours ICU coverage; and
- Additional asset: Critical Care expertise and involvement in the closed ICU alongside 7-8 other physicians.
- Eligible moving expense reimbursement is available;
- Teaching medical students and residents is an option, and appointments with Dalhousie University and Memorial University medical schools are available; and
- PEI has hospital based province-wide electronic health records giving access to lab reports, radiology reports and images, and physician notes.
- The successful candidate must have certification or eligible by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) with FRCPC in Internal Medicine;
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI; and
- US Boards are also acceptable.
- In accordance with the Canadian Immigration regulations, preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada; however, all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.