Locum - Anesthetist/Family Practice Anesthetist - Summerside
Are you looking for an opportunity that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about working on an Island surrounded by red sand and beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, world-famous seafood and culinary adventures?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Prince County Hospital has locum opportunities beginning immediately to provide support to a complement of four specialists. Located in Summerside, the Prince County Hospital is a 110-bed regional hospital with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
The Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the deliver of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of choosing a fee-for-service or flat rate for service payment modality.
- Fee-for-service, based on the Tariff of Fees for health services under the Master Agreement; or
- Weekday flat rate of $1500/day;
- Weekday plus overnight call flat rate of $2000/day;
- Weekend flat rate of $2000/day.
- Information related to payment modalities and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work:
- Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1725 hours/year for contact for service physicians.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification; or
- CCFP- FPA Certification
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
- US Boards are acceptable
- Work experience preferable
For further information:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health & Wellness
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."