Locum – Family Physician – Prince County Primary Care Network
Do you believe that patient experience comes first? Do you want to work with a team that strives to deliver excellent care, to every patient, every time?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island – an island surrounded by red sand and beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, world-famous seafood and culinary adventures.
Health PEI is seeking a locum Family Physician to provide the full scope of primary care to the East and West Prince Primary Care Networks. Inpatient coverage may be needed within the health networks’ catchment areas.
The East and West Prince Primary Care Networks are operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of contract-for-service or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service range is $109.10-116.75; or
- Fee-for-service, which is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and on-call services provided outside contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work
- Monday-Friday, up to 37.5 hours/week
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Cost of return travel to Prince Edward Island based on an economy airfare to a maximum of $2,000. If travelling by car, mileage will be reimbursed as determined by PEI Treasury Board rates and bridge and road tolls reimbursed with submission of receipts. Reimbursement for travel by car is not to exceed the cost of economy airfare. Reimbursement for travel over $2,000 will be considered with prior approval from the Locum Program Coordinator where no other options exist.
- Option A:
- $200/day with no receipts; or
- Option B:
- Reimbursement for car rental up to $1,400 weekly and/or accommodations up to $300 nightly, with receipts and daily stipend of $50 (no receipts required) to cover incidentals. Car rental and accommodations exceeding the rates indicated above require advance approval by the Locum Program Coordinator.
- Non-working days: For Options A & B, locums will be reimbursed as per their selected option, where this cost is less than the return travel home on off days. Reimbursement for non-working days will be considered with prior approval from the Locum Program Coordinator.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP certificants will be given priority.
- Previous experience preferable.
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail"