Locum - Family Physician – Sherwood Medical Centre
Health PEI is seeking a locum Family Physician from March 9, 2020 until January 3, 2021 to provide the full scope of primary care to the Queens West Primary Care Network, with an approximate patient panel of 1,400.
This is an office-based family practice located in the Sherwood Medical Centre in Charlottetown, the historic capital of Prince Edward Island. The practice is paper-based charts/ patient documentation with electronic access to Cerner (the acute care/ hospital based electronic chart PACS diagnostic radio imaging). This collaborative care practice is supported by Diabetes Educators, Registered Dietitians, Registered Nurses who provide point-of-care clinics, a Medical Secretary and an Office Manager. The physician will be part of the on-call group and will be required to provide inpatient coverage.
Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's Head Office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
- Physicians have the option of contract-for-service or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service range is $96.97-$103.86/hour.
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and on-call services provided outside contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1,725 hours/year for contract-for-service physicians.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Work experience preferable.
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.