Locum - General Internist – Summerside
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to work in an environment that fosters a strong culture of teamwork?
The Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
Physicians have the option of choosing a contract-for-service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including hourly contract-for-service rate; fee-for-service tariff of fees; on-call payments; and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
Hours of work:
- Full-time hours are defined as 37.5 hours/week
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If travelling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare;
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered;
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and other requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”