Locum - Hospitalist - Charlottetown
Health PEI is seeking a locum Hospitalist physician for 6 months with the possibility of extension to 12 months located at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, beginning December 2021.
Hospitalists provide comprehensive inpatient care for adult unaffiliated patients, or patients with primary care providers without hospital admitting privilege. Care duties include admission history and physical examination, daily medical management, daily rounds, participation in multidisciplinary rounds and family conferences as needed, and discharge planning, as well as overnight call coverage.
Located in Prince Edward Island’s charming capital city, Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, a 243-bed provincial referral facility, is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
- Remuneration is a daily Hospitalist sessional fee and premiums for after hours and weekend work based on the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
- The Hospitalist service runs a 7 day rotation with 2 Hospitalists – each working alternate weeks. Each full-time Hospitalist generally works one week on/one week off. There are 5 hospitalist physicians working each day at the QEH.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare;
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI(link is external) and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered;
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend Form to receive these funds;
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician; and
- The provincial Electronic Patient Records System, laboratory services and diagnostic imaging is well developed with access via VPN onsite and in the community.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island;
- Experience with hospital inpatients required; and
- CCFP certification is preferred
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."